For those who may need extra help at this time, the Omaha community has many resources for parents and children. Below are some of those resources:
- Pantry hours effective immediately and until further notice:
- Monday-Thursday 12pm-3pm
- Friday 12pm-2pm
- Pantry boxes will be distributed from the dock located at the backside of the parking lot. Staff will fill out the USDA waiver form to eliminate personal contact.
Project Hope Food Pantry
- 6201 North 60th Street, 68104
- Call for hours: (402) 452-7649
St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry
- 2101 Leavenworth Street, 68102
- Call for hours: (402) 341-1689
Omaha Public Schools – Meals
- OPS Teacher Administrative Center
- 3215 Cuming Street, 68131
- Call for hours/information: (531) 299-0220
MUD / OPPD
- In response to the coronavirus pandemic, MUD and OPPD announced Thursday they have put a hold on disconnections due to non-payment until further notice.
State Farm Offers Free Sack Lunches
- 2504 S. 13th Street, Omaha, NE
- Free sack lunches to children and families in need. An Uncrustable, bag of chips, and an orange will be provided according to the release
- Tuesday, March 17th and Thursday, March 19th from 12 p.m. until 2 p.m.
Youth Emergency Services Outreach Center
- 1-3pm Monday-Friday
- Youth will be able to get boxed or sacked meals.
- Outreach staff will assist youth not available at those times by appointment.
- 2679 Farnam Street, Suite 205, Omaha, NE 68131